Season is here and that means it is time for cocktail parties, dinner parties, luncheons, fundraisers, and more! So, it is time to start prepping (if you haven't already!). Here are some tips and ideas to get you ready for hosting or attending any upcoming event this season.
How to Plan the Perfect Cocktail Party this Season
The Perfect Outfit for Your Cocktail Party
You can never go wrong with a classic LBD ("little black dress") like the Emma and Michelle Cutout Wrap Dress. The wrap dress is flattering, comfortable and chic in style. This particular Emma and Michele wrap dress features cutout details to elevate the silhouette.
You can accent this dress with some statement jewelry like the Hammered Metal Collar Necklace by Oceana. This modern necklace is a great, eye-catching piece that will help elevate your look.
Add the Metal Leaf Earring by Oceana, and your outfit is set! Of course, Anthony's Ladies Apparel has many more cocktail dresses and accessories to choose from, so you may want to browse our store and see for yourself!
Tips for the Ideal Cocktail Party
1) Have your location easily accessible for parking
2) Have platters ready to go (mix and match with existing china or purchase platters to use paper doilies with)
3) Pre-prepare as many dishes as possible (a food saver is helpful for this)
4) Cold appetizers are great because you do not have to warm them up
5) Have warm appetizers ready in the freezer on platters so you can just throw them in the oven
6) Meat and cheese platters, dips, and vegetables can all be prepared ahead of time - so you can just pull them out and serve
7) Have napkins - both paper and cloth
8) Have items to hold multiple bottles of wine or champagne (these will make it easier to keep cold and serve)
9) Have glasses of water out
10) Have your music playlist and speakers set up beforehand
11) Don't forget small accessories like flowers or palm leaves, etc.
12) Have a great time!
Sometimes it is difficult to throw a cocktail party and prepare everything yourself beforehand. So, if your budget allows, hire staff or a catering company to help you. If that isn't an option, ask a girlfriend or two to assist! At Anthony's Ladies Apparel, we have you covered for all your cocktail dress and accessory needs. You can be sure to rely on us to dress you to be the "hostess with the mostest" or "best dressed guest" before your next event!
Related Post: Be Comfy in La Cera
By: Melissa Ferguson