Denim Looks for Women Over 50
Posted on 12 September 2018
We all know that 50 is the new 40, and 40 is the new 30. But regardless of your age, denim is reportedly a favorite wardrobe item for women in general. However, finding the perfect pair of jeans for women is not all that easy. You have to consider which shade you like, which style you like, your comfort level while wearing them, and of course, you have to consider if they are flattering on your body type.
Being that women contribute to a large portion of the Florida population, Anthony's Ladies Apparel wants to make sure you are looking and feeling your best in your pair of jeans. Many of our customers are over 50, and sometimes have trouble making a judgement about which jeans fit their mature bodies better. But, don't worry. We hear you! There are several designers who make jeans specifically for women over 50. You will adore them.
Tips to Consider When Choosing Denim:
- If you are ordering online, be sure to order two sizes (unless you know your exact size from that designer and from visiting Anthony's Ladies Apparel frequently). Order one larger size and one in the normal size you usually would wear. That's just to be on the safe side. You can always return the pair that doesn't fit!
- High-rise jeans look great on most women over 50. However, if you have absolutely no tummy, you may want to choose low to mid-rise jeans.
- Darker washes are more slimming, but a pair of flattering white jeans are fabulous to have on hand too. Longer tunics and flowing tops pair nicely with white jeans (in case you feel a tad self-conscious).
Which Jeans to Have in Your Closet
- A "go-to" pair - These will help you feel confident when you have to get ready quickly for that lunch with your friend she asked you to last minute.
- A looser pair of jeans - These are for the days you want the most comfortable fit. This pair will be ideal for running errands, working in the garden, and even lounging around the house.
- A skinny jean - You'll have this pair on hand for any event from casual days to happy hour.
- A white jean - This is a jean that is a necessity for Florida women and can be worn all year round! They are wearable, versatile, and look fresh in the warm, Florida weather.
Do your jeans currently fit well and flatter your figure? If not, you should replace them asap! Don't settle for jeans that make you feel less than your best. The goal is to be comfortable, chic, and stylish, and to feel fabulous.
Here are some denim looks for women over 50 that will want in your closet this season.
- Pull-On Denim Pant by Ruby Rd.
- Alina Ankle Pant by NYDJ
- Reversible Pull-On Denim Ankle by Tribal
- Released Hem Straight Denim Crop Pant by Tribal
- Embroidered Hemline Olivia Denim Ankle Pant by French Dressing
- Floral Applique Olivia Denim Ankle Pant by French Dressing
Enjoy your jeans and feel fabulous!
Related Post: Top 5 Ways to Protect Your Skin from the Sun
By: Melissa Ferguson