Finding clothing when you reach a certain age can seem like a daunting task, especially if you’re coming to grips with how your body has changed with the aging process. But dressing as a woman over 60 doesn’t need to be difficult if you know what to look out for.
When shopping specifically for a good pair of pants, you’ll want to consider things like what they are made of, how they are cut, how long they are, and whether they have any “stretch” or “give”.
Let’s explore this topic a little further so you can dress for success (and comfort)!
The Pants Guide for Women Over 60: Key Factors to Consider
As we mature, we change, and that extends to everything from our personalities and preferences to our bodies. The shape and composition of our bodies often begin to change, and that may spur on a paradigm shift in what we value when it comes to clothing items like pants.
But prioritizing things like comfort should not result in complacency or throwing style out the window. On the contrary. At Anthony’s we offer a wide range of pants for women over 60 that offer everything a good pair should.
What are the factors? While there’s no one type of pair of pants that will fit everyone over 60 equally well, here’s what to consider when choosing a pair of pants, whether you’re thinking about skinny jeans, wide leg pants, or trousers:
- Stretch: Choosing a pair of pants that has some degree of stretch- in the waist, but also in the pant leg itself, lends increased comfort and flexibility.
- Breathability: Pants for warmer climates should be breathable. Here at Anthony's home base in South Florida, we are all too familiar with the necessity of this tip!
- Flattering Cuts & Styles: The cut & style of a pair of pants can make or break how it looks on you.
- Fun Colors and Patterns: We believe that your pants should reflect your style, whether that’s elegant and muted or bold and colorful. Choosing pants and coordinating outfits should be fun!
Five Pairs of Anthony's Pants Perfect for Women Who Are 60+
Searching for the perfect pair of pants to complete your next outfit? Here are five pairs of pants for older women that feel anything but frumpy:
One of our best-selling pairs of older women's pants, the Millennium pant is a true classic. Available in over half a dozen colors, this pant looks the part, with its flat front and mid-leg crease, for a tailored and put-together appearance. The added stretch makes for a comfortable pant you can wear all day long.
An ankle pant with a 2-inch elastic ribbed waistband is sure to help you feel your best while looking stylish. This pair of pants is both effortlessly fashionable and supremely wearable. Plus, the pull-on styling makes for a streamlined silhouette that works with your body type.
When we think of the best pants for older ladies that are suitable for year-round use, these capris immediately come to mind. These pants are attractively colored in fun shades like Periwinkle, Deep Sea Blue, and Pink and have dual front pockets for convenience.
Providing the classic, time-tested style of trousers with none of the uncomfortable wrangling to get on and off, this pant is the perfect addition to the closet of any woman over 60. Large front pockets add convenience to carry your essentials on days when you can’t be bothered to bring a purse along with you on the go.
More Tips for Choosing Pants Over 60
Looking for more hacks when choosing your next pair of pants? We've already discussed the importance of choosing breathable fabrics, which is one, but here are four other things to keep in mind:
- Go Big. Go Bold. Don't shy away from big prints and pops of color.
- Run towards whimsy. Revel in the details. Embrace the unexpected.
- Be trendy if you want. Or timeless. You get to decide!
- Don't be afraid to layer different textures, patterns, or metals.