You’ve spent decades developing a strong sense of style. You shouldn’t throw away your passion for color, prints, and fun silhouettes just because you’re getting older! The best dresses for women over 50 allow fashionable ladies to feel confident without compromising on their personal tastes.
There is no shortage of stylish dresses for mature ladies, but the secret to looking your best is choosing the right dress for your body type. We’ll introduce you to seven stunning ladies' dresses for the over-50 crowd. You’ll learn to identify the details that make them so flattering, so you can go forth and shop with confidence!
Things to Know Before You Shop
It’s easy to pull dress after dress from the rack and try things on until something looks decent. Unfortunately, that “trial and error” process can take all day.
Instead of pulling garments at random, start with a few essential pieces of information. You’ll spend less time struggling with zippers and more time admiring your gorgeous new look!
Know Your Body Type
Aging is a natural process, but it does mean that your body might shift and change over time. Take a moment to look in the mirror and identify your current body type.
- Apple Shape: The apple body type is rounder, without a defined waistline. Your hips and shoulders will be approximately the same width. Your limbs are slender, but you tend to hold weight in your midsection.
- Pear Shape: The pear body type describes women who are more slender on top and more robust in their lower half. Your hips will be broader than the width of your shoulders and bust. You tend to hold weight in your buttocks and thigh regions.
- Rectangle Shape: The rectangle body type often describes athletic older women with consistent measurements throughout the body. Your hip, shoulders, and waist are about the same width, and you carry weight evenly.
- Inverted Triangle Shape: The inverted triangle body type describes women with larger hips and bust proportions. You appear slimmer toward the bottom of the body. Your legs and waist will be your smallest measurements. You may have broad shoulders or a larger bust.
- Hourglass Shape: The hourglass body type involves a contoured waist with wider bust and hip measurements. Your waist will be your smallest measurement, while your hips and shoulders will be in proportion. You might carry your weight on top, on the bottom, or both.
Be honest with yourself about what you see. These categories can help you highlight your best features and discover a look that will flatter your unique silhouette.
Know Your Measurements
Even two women with the same body type can have different measurements. Taking accurate measurements before you shop takes the guesswork out of selecting sizes. You’ll also have an easier time using online sizing charts.
Don’t forget to take an inseam measurement, especially if you are notably short or tall. The location where a dress hits you matters.
7 Great Casual Dresses for Women Over 50
Discover Stunning Dresses for Women Over 50
The best dresses for women over 50 feature lovely details, appealing silhouettes, unique necklines, and gorgeous prints to satisfy any style. Anthony’s has been offering stunning dresses for mature women for 128 years. Browse our collection of the best dresses for women over 50 and see why Anthony’s has become a Florida institution!