What You, Our Anthony's Ladies, Are Thankful For
Posted on 23 November 2021
One of the most powerful ways to find joy and increase happiness in our lives is to express gratitude. We have heard it time and time again. But whether or not you keep a gratitude journal, write letters of appreciation, or pray, Thanksgiving is a time built into our year to reflect on what things we can be thankful for in our lives.
After a two-year-long global pandemic and missing out on much of the festivities last year, we couldn’t help but think about how nice it would be to share some positive sentiments this season.
We will start off this gratitude list by saying thank you to all of our customers! We are so grateful for all of you who have continued to show up in our stores and online throughout the last two years. You all have made it possible for us to continue into our 126th year. We have made it through fires, hurricanes, the Great Depression & the Great Recession and now a global pandemic with continued supply chain challenges. We owe it all to your continued support. Without you all, we wouldn’t be here.
In our own moment of reflection on how much we have to be grateful for, we decided we wanted to know what you, our customers, are also grateful for this year.
Well, we asked, and you delivered! Below you will find what you, the Anthony's ladies, are thankful for this year (submissions have been edited for clarity):
- I am thankful for my family, friends, my home, and my health. Sharry S.
- My healthy recovery from multiple health issues. Jan H.
- The Covid vaccine. Anonymous
- I am thankful for my family and the Covid vaccine that finally allowed me to be with them again. They were so concerned about my health as a senior that they wouldn’t come near me until we were ALL vaccinated. I missed them but it was the prudent thing to do and we are all safely visiting now. Roz W.
- Good friends and good health. Sunny
- I am thankful that my blood found other veins to flow into my heart when my main artery was 100% blocked! I am most thankful for my great doctors who caught this. I had a stent put in three weeks ago. I had no symptoms. Go get a stress test, ladies!!! Christine R.
- Having access to compassionate mental health care. Anonymous
- Good health. Anonymous
- I'm thankful for my health and my husband's. I'm thankful for my new home in FL and Anthony's close by. Anonymous
- I’m thankful that I haven't had Covid. I’m thankful I have not lost any family to Covid-19. Jenny H.
- My husband and I and our families are enjoying good health! Barbara G.
- I am most thankful for a family to love...and a family that loves me back. Leanne H.
- FaceTime during another difficult year so that my husband and I could stay connected to our family and friends throughout the United States, Europe, and my beloved Iceland! Karyn M.
- Living in Jupiter, FL, and all my loving friends. Myra H.
- My family. Jeanne F.
- For the love and support that people have given during this time of this uncertainty during this pandemic. Martha D.
- I’m especially grateful for my health and the dear friendships in my life that have flourished and endured over the years. I also feel that my family and my work family alike always seem to find a way to make it through any challenges. We reach towards common goals. Last but not least I'm so glad that we have freedom of choice and the ability to explore and continue to find new amazing adventures! Valen H.
- The love and support of my family. Susan B.
- My family 🥰 Patricia T.
- My husband. Jeannie F.
- Family, friends, and health. So thankful to live in the USA. Barbara K.
- My granddaughter’s husband has recovered from COVID and is finally able to return to work. We were very close to losing him. Anonymous
- My family. Sharon S.
- I am thankful for good health, a loving family, and a great husband. Migdalia A.
- I am thankful that no one in my family has been sick with COVID. I am thankful that when I say I am coming to visit, my family is all excited. I am thankful for my church, my wonderful friends, and all the ways God blesses me daily. Anonymous
- Thankful for our health, the friends we have, and that we live in a country where we have the freedom to go to church to worship our God. We are thankful for healthy grandchildren and the freedom they have to go to the school of their choice. We have so many things to be thankful for, even though we complain, we still live in a free country. What a blessing!! Anonymous
- I’m thankful for Jesus Christ every day for what he did on the Cross for me. 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽 Sharon E.
- God, family, friends, my health. Madelyn S.
- That I never got Covid. I feel so blessed- I have friends that got sick and it was horrible for them. Thank you, God, for watching over me!! Virginia (Ginny) H.
- God’s peace, presence, and protection during a year filled with ups and downs. For my husband, family, and a healthy lively little granddaughter. For our country, friendships, and a Savior who never leaves us helpless or hopeless.♥️ Kim
- Thankful for ALL the Blessings from the LORD, no matter big or small!🙏🏼 Betty W.
- Anthony’s and the grace and mercy of God ❣️ Anonymous
- Thankful for God who sustained my family and all of us throughout the pandemic. Throughout this time I’ve learned to be more grateful for my cherished family and friends. Marcie K.
- Healthcare workers, family, fresh air & sunshine! Linda H.
- I'm thankful that we can hopefully look at the "pandemic" as being in the past. Nora S.
- I had a wonderful summer. First, a week's trip to Kentucky, for the LWML Convention. I met many people there. Even the bus drivers were swell. Then, I set up our MHS Class Reunion in July. It was our 70-year reunion. There was a sit-down dinner and communication with the many attendees. Now, I am planning a trip to Florida by air in late December, to celebrate New Year’s with my family. Dorothy L. J.
- Moving to Juno Beach! Linda K.
- I live near an Anthony’s store and go there regularly. It is my favorite place to shop. During the last two years, I have been afraid that Anthony’s might close their doors like so many other shops have had to do because of the pandemic. I am thankful that they have weathered the storm and even with limited inventory are managing to keep their customers coming back. Keep on keeping on!!!!! Geri F.
- I'm thankful Anthony's Ladies Apparel survived the pandemic. They are up and running as normal. Gail
We appreciate you reading this! We are thankful to everyone who submitted these heartfelt responses and to all of our Anthony’s customers. From all of us at Anthony’s Ladies Apparel, we hope you have a happy Thanksgiving and a great holiday season! Oh, and don’t forget to count your blessings! Your mental health will thank you!